Habadekuk rocks the house at Celtic Connection in Glasgow!
The Danish folk big band, Habadekuk plays traditional Danish music arranged for fiddle, accordion, rhythm section and brass, and they just played a great concert for 2000 guests at the Old Fruitmarket at Celtic Connection in Glasgow, having people singing Danish songs and dancing around. The band has been touring all over Europe, Borneo and Canada during the last couple of years, and winning Danish Music Awards (Danish “Grammy”) for their first album. The next one is on on its way while we speak, containing more great traditional and original Danish music. Kristian Bugge, violinist in Habadekuk says:
“It was a great opportunity for us to play at Celtic Connection, and we were happy to see that the old Fruitmarket in Glasgow was sold out letting in an audience of more than 2000 people. They seemed to really enjoy the music, dancing, singing and shouting on the Danish sailor songs, and jumping around to the traditional Danish “Party Hopsa” that we play. We simply loved the audience that night, and they seemed to really like us as well!”
* May 2nd-3rd: Spot Festival, Denmark
* May 23rd: 8PM in Westerstede. “Rhode concert”, Germany
* May 24th_ Freepsumer Gulfhof, Am Spielplatz, Krummhörn, Germany
* May 31st: Global CPH www.globalcph.dk
* July 19th: Het Lindeboom, France www.het-lindeboom.org
* July 4th: Skagen Festival, Denmark www.skagenfestival.dk
* July 26th – August 5th Summer Tour, England. Contact: Adastra www.adastra-music.co.uk
* September 18th – 21st: Tour in Denmark and Sweden. Booking right now!
* November 12th – 23rd Tour in England. Contact: Adastra www.adastra-music.co.uk
And more to be confirmed. You can find a video from the concert at the Fruitmarket if you click here
The bands website: www.habadekuk.dk